Thank you for your interest in serving on the Board of Directors for the West Metro Chamber. Directors of the Chamber board are selected through a process called for in the Chamber bylaws. Any current Chamber member in good standing is eligible to apply and be considered for the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors is composed of no less than 11 nor more than 15 members.
Applicants are reviewed by the Chamber’s Nominating Committee who then present a slate of nominees to the Chamber board. The Chamber board upon receiving the recommended nominees reviews the slate and presents a final slate to the Chamber membership in October. Any member in good standing can petition the presented slate within ten (10) days of the official notice given by the Chamber board to add another nominee. If a petition with at least 15 signatures of members in good standing is received then that nominee will be added to the slate. If the slate contains more nominees than there are vacancies on the board, an ballot election by membership will be completed. However, if no petitions are presented the Chamber board will elect the nominees at their November meeting.
If you are interested in serving on the Chamber Board of Directors please complete a Board of Directors Application and submit it to Chamber staff. The application will then be reviewed by the Chamber’s Nominating Committee.
In order for the Nominating Committee to attain the best slate of candidates we do ask that each applicant please complete the application in full. The application does not guarantee a nomination, but if chosen, the Chamber and the Board of Directors wants to offer all candidates a rewarding opportunity and make the most of their special talents and expertise for the benefit of the entire Chamber.
Please note the West Metro Chamber’s Board of Directors govern and operate utilizing the principles of Policy Governance.
Chamber Mission: To build a strong business community through collaboration, leadership, development, education and advocacy.
Terms of Service: Three year terms (typically beginning January 1st); may serve a maximum of two consecutive three year terms with exceptions made for those serving the role of chair, chair-elect and immediate past chair.
A Chamber board member is one who:
- Has solid ethics, a strong community involvement and belief in the purpose of the West Metro Chamber
- Available to attend monthly board meetings (currently the third Wednesday of the month from 8:00 A.M. to 9:30 A.M.)
- Has demonstrated ability through committee service or other community service
- Has a great deal of energy and enthusiasm
- Has time to commit to the Chamber, its activities and its Board of Directors
- Is willing to serve on a Chamber committee
- Understands board members are not reimbursed for personal expenses
- Understands the board members may not act where there is real or perceived conflict of interest
- Can serve a for a full term of three years
The following guidelines are used by the Nominating Committee in preparing a slate of candidates to fill vacancies for the Board of Director positions:
- Activity and involvement with he West Metro Chamber
- Tenure as a member of the West Metro Chamber
- Skills, knowledge, experience and education related to the Chamber, its activities, its programs, board responsibilities and to business as a whole
- Primary consideration will be individuals and their potential contribution versus consideration of a single organization
To apply for the West Metro Chamber Board of Directors, please access the Board of Directors Application here. Please complete the application in full and submit it to Chamber – 1667 Cole Blvd., Bldg. 19, Ste. 400, Lakewood, CO 80401. Application can also be faxed to 303-237-7633 or emailed to email@example.com (be sure to state, “Board Application” in the subject line).